Human Resource Development
One of the important components of human development is technical vocational education and training TVET, which over the years has gained tremendous importance.
The Human Resource Development Section of SRSP is responsible for undertaking orientation and staff development courses on a regular basis and building up staff competencies. It also organizes conferences and workshop to share experiences from the field and make learning an important part of SRSP’s work.
SRSP established its Human Resource Centre in 1996. Before initiating trainings, basic need assessment of local markets, Industry and Agriculture sector is carried out to identify potential markets / industries. Once needs are identified, HRD Center utilizes services of sector specialists/ skilled instructors by hiring their services for each activity. HRD Centre provides adequate operative equipment and consumable skills practicing material. The training process is vigorously monitored at the training centre and regional offices to ensure quality and standardization.
Leadership and managerial skill training for communities
Technical/Vocational Skills, specialized or NRM skills development trainings for community members
Our HRDC Center
- The center is registered with City & Guilds UK (C&G), Government of Pakistan’s Skills Development Council (SDC) and Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Trade Testing Board (TTB).
- The courses and graduates are acknowledged by these specialized public institutions thus increasing their likelihood to be absorbed by provincial, national and even international job markets.
- Fully equipped labs and workshops with desired sets of equipment. Thus participants get hands on experience in refining practical skills during a training session.
- Two types of courses are offered; Residential and Non Residential. The center offers accommodation facility to at least 50 participants with all requisite facilities round the clock in order to provide the most desirable environment for enriching participants learning.
- Mobile Training Units for Men & Women: Flexibility in terms of delivery is yet another unique feature of the center. Keeping socio-cultural context in view, the center has been able to establish need based temporary venues for delivering trainings in local areas.
- The professional resource pool of experts in leadership, managerial, technical, vocational, and specialized trainings gives an edge to the center.
- One of the integral components of these courses is to conduct Business Management Skills Training to orient participants on business cycle aspects which are widely acknowledged by partners and participants to orient potential future.
- Training Management Information System (TMIS) is developed for backup of trainee’s information and follow up. The internal impact assessment of trained youth shows that 79% youth have been able to find employment opportunities in the country and abroad.
- The approach to develop, refine and adding new marketable and employable skills courses had been incremental.
- Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Danish Refugee Council
- UN Agencies including (UNDP, UNESCO, UNICEF, UNFPA)
- International Rescue Committee
- Swiss Development Cooperation
- Government of KP (BK Poverty Alleviation Programme)
- Livelihood Strengthening Programme, AusAID
- FATA Secretariat Special Project
- Secours Islamique French
- Oxfam GB
- USAID ASF
- British Council
- Alif Ailaan
- Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund
In District Peshawar 20 Afghan Refugees women are enrolled in two months Tailoring and Embroidery skills development course under “Provision of Livelihood Support to Afghan Refugees” project which is funded by UNHCR and implemented by SRSP
The representatives of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government and UNDP stressed the need for adopting innovative ways to address the issues of unemployment and lack of livelihood opportunities in the merged districts.Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister of Finance and Planning...
Dr. Sania Nishtar, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Poverty Alleviation and Social Protection and Benazir Income Support Programme Chairperson visited SRSP’s Human Resource Development Centre, Peshawar. She held a dialogue with youth from the newly-merged...